- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, with the juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage on both sides until golden, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and drain off excess fat. Set aside.
- To the same skillet add the butter. Add cabbage and onions and cook until cabbage begins to wilt, about five minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and return sausage to the pan.
- Cover skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender. Uncover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half. Serve immediately.