1 pound breakfast sausage
2 cups baking mix
1 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, baking mix and cheese. Form mixture into walnut size balls and place onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and sausage balls are golden brown.
(b) Stuffed Mushrooms
½ cup Italian style bread crumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese
2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
1 ½ teaspoons fresh mint, minced
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup olvie oil
25-30 2 ½ inch diameter button mushrooms, brushed and stemmed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and pepper with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well.
- Drizzle a large heavy baking sheet with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Spread to coat well. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities and arrange on the baking sheet, filling side up.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over the filling in each mushroom. Bake at 400F until the mushrooms are tender and golden brown on top, about 25-30 minutes.